Kenton White’s 24-save shutout performance has put him into the Dawson Creek Canucks’ record books.
NPHL.com research reveals that in their playoff history, it’s the first time DC has recorded a shutout on the road. Dawson Creek won 4-0 at Manning last night.
Previously, DC recorded four playoff shutouts but all were at home:
– Feb. 19, 2000 – Fairview 0 at Dawson Creek 10
– Feb. 28, 2002 – Peace River-Grimshaw 0 at Dawson Creek 7
– March 4, 2003 – Grimshaw 0 at Dawson Creek 5
– Feb. 9, 2012 – Spirit River 0 at Dawson Creek 3
Dawson Creek has now been involved in six playoff shutouts in their history, and been on the winning end five times. The only time Dawson Creek was shutout in a playoff game was on March 14, 2000 when they lost 3-0 at Spirit River.
* Material free to use provided credit is given to NPHL.com.