Eight different players scored for the visiting Falher Pirates as they whipped the Grimshaw Huskies 10-4 Saturday to strengthen their lead in the East Division.
The Pirates [6-3-0-1] now lead the Huskies [4-3-1-0] by four points. The Huskies were actually passed by the hard-charging Manning Comets [5-5—0-0] who overtook them for second place.
The Pirates led 3-0 before the game was six minutes old and never trailed. The Pirates led 3-1 after one period and 7-2 after two periods.
Pat Rowan and Dallas Brochu each scored twice and added three assists for five-point nights. Darren Kramer, Brennan Walker, Trevor Tokarz, Brian Sommers, Neil Maisonneuve and Darren Brochu added the others. Kramer, Dakota Mason and Marco St.-Pierre each added two assists.
Spencer Ross, Brendan Hawryluk, Kurt Konopelka and Kyle Richardson replied for the Huskies, who outshot the Pirates 41-35 despite the lopsided loss.
The Pirates have won both games in Grimshaw this season winning 9-8 in overtime on Nov. 10. The Huskies won the game in Falher after a forfeit so the road team has won all three meetings this season.
The teams have now split the last eight games played in Grimshaw. The blowout was a rarity as six of the last seven games in Grimshaw were decided by two goals or less.
Pirates 10 at Huskies 4
Saturday, Dec. 8
1. FAL, Darren Brochu 2 (Dakota Mason, Marco St.-Pierre) 2:41
2. FAL, Trevor Tokarz 2 Dakota Mason) 3:30
3. FAL, Neil Maisonneuve 1 (Marco St.-Pierre) 5:20
4. GH, Kyle Richardson 2 (Spencer Ross) 6:09
Penalties: Pirates’ bench minor (too many men, served by Koltin Caron) 8:05, Neil Maisonneuve FAL (cross-checking) 19:15.
5. FAL, Brian Sommers 10 (unassisted) 1:53
6. FAL, Dallas Brochu 12 (Darren Kramer, Pat Rowan) 3:05
7. FAL, Pat Rowan 6 (Dallas Brochu) 3:20
8. FAL, Darren Kramer 13 (Dallas Brochu, Pat Rowan) 7:21
9. GH, Kurt Konopelka 2 (Ty Wiebe) 19:39
Penalties: Dallas Brochu FAL (tripping) and Bond Hawryluk GH (delay of game) 18:53.
10. FAL, Brennan Walker 1 (Darren Kramer, Pat Rowan) 00:34
11. GH, Brendan Hawryluk 9 (Logan Putio) 5:31
12. FAL, Pat Rowan 7 (Dallas Brochu) 7:01
13. GH, Spencer Ross 2 (Corson Fairless, Ty Wiebe) 9:02 (pp)
14. FAL, Dallas Brochu 13 (unassisted) 13:49 (pp)
Penalties: Darren Kramer FAL (aggressor, fighting major, game misconduct) and Kyle Richardson GH (fighting major, game misconduct) 7:07, Corson Fairless GH (roughing double minor) 13:06, Brendan Hawryluk GH (check from behind minor, game misconduct) 13:49, Huskies’ bench minor (too many men, served by Carson Ewing) 19:58.
Falher 10 17 8 -35
Grimshaw 18 9 14 -41 Goaltenders: Pirates, Chad Rycroft; Huskies, David Gingera.
Power Plays: FAL 1-4; GH 1-3.
Penalties in Minutes: FAL 23; GH 35.