The Falher Pirates blitzed the Manning Comets 11-4 Nov. 9 to serve notice they will be a tough team to beat this coming season.
Dallas Brochu scored three goals and added two assists while Darren Kramer, Dakota Mason and Pat Rowan each scored twice and added three assists in the rout.
Trevor Mazurek and Brian Somers added the other goals for the 2-0 Pirates, who have yet to play a road game this season.
Manning, who fell to 1-1, received two goals from Josh Rutherford and singles from Bo Asmussen and Adam Larsen.
The Pirates led 3-1 late in the first period when Mazurek was tossed from the game at the end of the period for a slashing major. The Comets took full advantage early in the second period as they scored power play goals on the five-minute advantage from Rutherford and Larsen to tie the game.
With only 6:53 left in the period, Rowan’s first of the game gave the Pirates a lead they would not surrender. Dallas Brochu’s power play goal less than a minute later proved to be the game-winner.
The Pirates added six third period goals on 17 shots, including five goals in the final 9:36. Capping the rally was a five-minute power play when Jordan Ducharme was sent off for slashing. He faces a one-game suspension from the NPHL for his actions after receiving the accompanying game misconduct in the last 10 minutes.
The game was the first of six meetings this season. The Pirates have now won four straight at home over the Comets.
Comets 4 at Pirates 11
Friday, Nov. 9
1. MAN, Bo Asmussen 1 (Thomas Dechant) 3:41
2. FAL, Dallas Brochu 2 (Joel Pelletier, Darren Kramer) 5:29
3. FAL, Dakota Mason 1 (Pat Rowan, Trevor Mazurek) 7:56
4. FAL, Trevor Mazurek 2 (Dakota Mason, Pat Rowan) 19:17
Penalty: Trevor Mazurek FAL (slashing major, game misconduct) 20:00.
5. MAN, Josh Rutherford 3 (Thomas Dechant, Taylor Paulovich) 00:37 (pp)
6. MAN, Adam Larsen 1 (Michael Gillen, Jason Lambert) 4:25 (pp)
7. FAL, Pat Rowan 2 (Dakota Mason, Brian Somers) 13:07
8. FAL, Dallas Brochu 3 (Koltin Caron, Darren Kramer) 14:11 (pp)
Penalties: Britt Olischefski MAN (tripping) 5:57, Josh Rutherford MAN (roughing) and Jeff Chalifoux FAL (roughing, misconduct) 8:47, Brett Nicklason MAN and Joel Pelletier FAL (roughing) 9:34, Comets’ bench minor (too many men, served by Dalton Ducharme) 13:49.
9. FAL, Darren Kramer 3 (Dallas Brochu) 4:16
10. MAN, Josh Rutherford 4 (Michael Gillen, Taylor Paulovich) 7:37
11. FAL, Darren Kramer 4 (Bailey Tokarz, Dallas Brochu) 10:24
12. FAL, Dakota Mason 2 (Brian Somers, Pat Rowan) 11:00
13. FAL, Pat Rowan 3 (Dakota Mason, Rollie Gladue) 14:03
14. FAL, Brian Somers 1 (Joel Pelletier, Koltin Caron) 17:46 (pp)
15. FAL, Dallas Brochu 4 (Darren Kramer, Rollie Gladue) 18:06 (pp)
Penalties: Bo Asmussen MAN (slashing) 1:39, Brian Somers FAL (interference) 1:55, Jarod Lorencz MAN and Darren Kramer FAL (slashing, roughing) and Bo Asmussen MAN and Jeff Chalifoux FAL (double roughing) 12:40, Jordan Ducharme MAN (slashing major, game misconduct) 14:35.
Shots on goal:
Manning 6 11 8 -25
Falher 12 19 17 -48 Goaltenders: Comets, Braden Gamble; Pirates, Kent Ryan.
Power Plays: MAN 2-4; FAL 3-6.
Penalties in Minutes: MAN 33; FAL 39.