Detailed penalty stats have been tracked by NPHL statistician Chris Clegg since the start of the 1991 season.
On Jan. 5, Grande Prairie and Manning amassed 313 penalties in minutes [PIMs]. It ranks fourth all-time in that span. Here are the top four:
1. 444 PIMs – Hythe at DC on Feb. 11, 1999
2. 373 PIMs – SR at MAN on Nov. 20, 1998
3. 339 PIMs – DC at HP on Oct. 30, 1999
4. 313 PIMs – GP at MAN on Jan. 5, 2019
It also broke the record for PIMs in a game involving GP. The previous mark involved the same two teams which was 254 PIMs:
Nov. 15, 2003: MAN [116 PIMs] at GP [138 PIMs]
Eight players were suspended in the recent game:
GP: Tyrell Mason, Kiefen Smiley and Paul Larocque.
MAN: Bo Asmussen, Trevor Mortson, Bo Fedorowicz, Dalton Ducharme and Tom Dechant.
Here is a partial breakdown of the penalties called:
3 gross misconducts
4 double game misconducts
7 game misconducts
10 fighting majors
1 fighting double major
10 minor stick foul penalties
1 stick foul double minor [spearing]
* Use of this material is free provided credit is given to NPHL.com