The Fort St. John Flyers have never lost to the High Prairie Regals in their NPHL history.
And after Saturday night, they are still perfect.
FSJ outscored HP 9-5 in a penalty-filled affair that saw 142 PIMs called. HP was called for 117 PIMs to FSJ’s 25 as discipline and hot tempers got the best of HP, who trailed most of the night.
The NPHL will be dealing with four players facing suspensions: FSJ Jordan Gies and HP’s Drake Cunningham, Austin Mood-Flag and Brendan Cunningham.
HP scored first when Hector Lamouche scored his first of two on the night.
However, FSJ scored three straight goals to take a 3-1 lead and never trailed afterwards. They built the lead to 8-3 in the second.
Jordan Gies scored twice and added three assists to lead FSJ while Jeff Shipton scored twice and added one assist. Jaxon Glass, Steven Fast, Lien Miller-Jeannotte, Sam Brennan and Reid Campbell added the other goals. Fast and Campbell also added three assists each.
Drake Cunningham, Mitch Price and Brendan Cunningham scored the other HP goals.
Glass, Gies and Fast scored on the PP as FSJ went 3-for-8 while Price scored on HP’s only PP chance all night.
However, Lamouche and Brendan Cunningham scored short-handed.
Flyers 9 at Regale 5
Sat., Jan. 5
1. HP, Hector Lamouche 8 (Verny Cunningham, Brendan Cunningham) 5:10
2. FSJ, Jeff Shipton 3 (Lien Miller–Jeannotte, Reid Campbell) 5:33
3. FSJ, Jordan Gies 4 (Sam Brennan, Steven Fast) 7:07
4. FSJ, Jeff Shipton 4 (Jordan Gies, Steven Fast) 11:12
5. HP, Drake Cunningham 8 (Lloyd AhKimNahchie) 12:58
6. FSJ, Lien Miller–Jeannotte 3 (Joey Massingham, Reid Campbell) 14:22
Penalty: Claude Cunningham HP (tripping) 8:26.
7. HP, Brendan Cunningham 2 (Drake Cunningham, Lloyd AhKimNachie) 3:07 (sh)
8. FSJ, Jaxon Glass 2 (Jordan Gies, Rylan Sideroff) 3:23 (pp)
9. FSJ, Jordan Gies 5 (Steven Fast, Brandon Pfeil) 5:47 (pp)
10. FSJ, Sam Brennan 2 (Jaxon Glass, Jordan Gies) 7:59
11, FSJ, Steven Fast 3 (Reid Campbell, Josh Bennett) 17:29 (pp)
Penalties: Kirk Ruecker HP (tripping) 2:16, Josh Bennett FSJ (roughing) and Ross Cowell HP (roughing) and Kirk Ruecker HP (roughing after the whistle) 4:19, Lawrence Anderson HP (slashing) 5:04, Brandon Pfeil FSJ and Austin Doan HP (roughing) 9:12, Mitch Price HP (slashing) 9:41, Drake Cunningham HP (misconduct) 9:50, Reid Campbell FSJ (elbowing) and Jamie MacMinn HP (slashing) 11:48, Travis McLean FSL (roughing) and Claude Cunningham HP (goaltender interference) 13:50, Brendan Cunningham HP (elbowing) 16:42, Lawrence Anderson HP (misconduct) and Austin Mood-Flag HP (game misconduct, gross misconduct) 17:11, Brandon Pfeil FSJ (hooking) 19:23.
12. HP, Mitch Price 6 (Drake Cunningham) 00:32 (pp)
13. FSJ, Reid Campbell 7 (Lien Miller-Jeannotte, Jeff Shipton) 6:39
14. HP, Hector Lamouche 9 (Kole Shaw, Austin Doan) 19:02 (sh)
Penalties: Mitch Price HP (game misconduct) 8:34, Jordan Gies FSJ and Brendan Cunningham HP (fighting majors, game misconducts) and Drake Cunningham HP (instigating minor, fighting major, double game misconduct, match penalty for abuse of an official) 13:14.
Shots on goal:
Fort St. John 20 13 8 -41
High Prairie 8 12 17 -37 Goaltenders: Flyers, Travis McLean; Regals, Ryan Penchuk (Matt MacMinn in at 11:12 of first period).
Power Plays: FSJ 3-8; HP 1-1.
Penalties in Minutes: FSJ 25; HP 117.